AWS Billing Administrator
This candidate will report to the AWS Customer Services Manager.
This position will primarily support our Customers with billing and funding applications, partnering with our Finance team to ensure that customers are billed accurately according to their usage and billing requirements. You will also be required to work closely with our customer and vendors to ensure billing accuracy.
Computer and data entry skills are important in this position, and organizational and mathematical skills are also important for collecting information to determine bill amounts and checking data for accuracy. You may also be required to issue and send account statements when necessary and create periodic reports for management.
• Knowledge of AWS billing and credits practices will be highly advantageous.
• Obtaining AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification within probation – Non negotiable
• 2+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ensure that billing done via the business complies with the rules and best practices that have been set out by AWS.
• Pulling the necessary billing reports from CloudHealth and Payer accounts
• Compiling the month end recons
• Creating invoices for customer usage billing
• Ensure that the month end process is correctly processed and handed over for signoff with minimal errors by no later than the 10th of the month.
• Ensure discounts and credits are applied to correct customers and accounts.
• Create documentation relevant to billing activities, including but not limited to supplier invoice recons for the Finance department.
• Gather, process, and disburse information related to billing.
• Communicate with relevant parties regarding account and billing issues.
• Ensure Cost History, Rightsizing, Security and Health Check reports are created and subscribed to, per linked AWS customer.
• Providing the customers with the required information all the way through to the linking of the actual accounts.
• With the oversight of the AWS Customer Service Manager, link the AWS accounts to the correct payer accounts.
• Ensure the AWS accounts have been properly assigned on the CloudHealth platform.
• Ensure budgets and policies are created and subscribed to, per linked AWS customer.
Funding Applications and Claims
• With the oversight of the Customer Service Manager, generate all customer funding applications and submit them to the correct funding program manager within the agreed upon SLA.
• Ensure the APN opportunities are logged and validated in the APN prior to releasing the funding requests to AWS
• Ensure all partner funding is claimed for by the appropriate deadline.
• Escalate funding application problems received from AWS / customers.
• Ensure clear communication on funding programs process is always maintained with clients.
• Keep customers up to date with statuses of funding requests submitted.
• Maintain accurate record of all funding requests submitted, processed, received, approved, and claimed for
• Maintain accurate record of all partner funding claimed for and work in collaboration with the Finance team to ensure the claims are accurately assigned to the correct customer projects.
• Maintains a positive and professional demeanour and portrays the company in a positive light.
• Demonstrates appropriate sense of urgency for email response and service levels.
• Follows company policies and processes to process customer requests appropriately.
• Provide an accurate response to all customer queries and or concerns
• Provide exceptional customer experience.
• Escalates customer issues appropriately and correctly.
• Proactively communicates system and process issues, and customer feedback trends to management.
• Exceeds customer expectations by going above and beyond all other duties as assigned.
• Providing customers with guidance on our month end billing processes
• Understand the pain points of customers and resolve issues.
• Escalating when appropriate to direct manager and/or senior leaders.
• Maintain vendor relationships by responding quickly and accurately to both internal (company) and external (vendor) questions and requests for information.
• Ensure vendor invoices are correctly billed in a timely manner.
• Resolve any supplier invoicing and credits queries as quickly and efficiently as possible.
• Ensure all credit recons and credit notes owed are received by the supplier.
• Ensure supplier invoices and recons accurately match the data presented in CloudHealth and payer accounts (not over or under billing)
• Liaising with suppliers and scheduling resolution sessions relating to challenges being faced
• Managing and resolving invoice discrepancies.
• Ensure Users and Organisations are created per linked AWS customer.