Desktop Support Engineer
ABOUT THE JOB
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing remote and on-site support to clients based in Cape Town.
• Related IT qualification highly advantageous
• A+ cert
• N+ cert
• Perform basic network support, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Communicate with Clients effectively and directly via phone, email and remote diagnostics to identify and resolve Client reported issues
• Ability to deliver work within agreed Service Level Agreement commitments, particularly desktop troubleshooting resolution standards, and adherence to call logging, ticketing and billing processes
• Oversee and update assigned support service requests.
• Carry out swop out activities for disabled or faulty PC & laptops and or/peripherals, ensuring minimum downtime of the user.
• Arrange with Helpdesk for repair activities to be initiated.
• Provide for and assist users in data migration and /or backup before data erasure during support services.
• Completed technical documentation and audits of all PC hardware and PC software, including software license compliance, highlighting any irregularities and preventing any illegal usage
• Assist clients in recommending hardware, software and products that may benefit or enhance a client’s network. Provide technical advice, recommendations on industry standards, virus detection, connectivity issues etc.
• Adhere to best Information Technology practices, policies, procedures and directives from the company
• Ensure that the devices, operating system and applications are up to date with the latest drivers, service packs and system and security patches
• Interface and collaborate with other 3rd party vendors to ensure seamless integration and support services
• Continually develop skills and achieve applicable certifications as per the company certification and development program prerequisite
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• At least 2 - 3 years experience as an on-site desktop support engineer
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND BEHAVIOURIAL TRAITS
• Valid drivers license and own transport
• Self – motivated, honest & reliable, with a strong sense of accountability
• Be able to work both independently as well as part of a team
• Neat, organized, well-spoken and well presented
• Great problem-solving skills