Relevant Business Degree Desirable
5-10 years senior management experience within a distribution or sales function Knowledge of both personal and commercial insurance,
Knowledge of binder systems and operations
Knowledge of marketing principles
Knowledge of insurance regulatory framework
Strong leadership skills
Networking and relationship building
Problem solving skills
Planning & project management skills
Managing high performance teams
JOB DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and execute the intermediated distribution (IFA) strategy and unique value proposition for IFA and strategic partnership channel.
• Develop, track and execute the agreed strategy against monthly, quarterly and yearly revenue targets (KPIs) & other performance metrics in line with the company’s objectives as agreed from time to time.
• Define, develop, implement, and embed the IFA unique value proposition and partner framework • Manage, control, motivate and drive the distribution team operating from all our regional offices, implementing a functional structure with the Provincial Executives (PE) to ensure total coverage, optimal functioning whilst managing the potential channel conflict with the regional tied agency network.
• To ensure that each Specialist Marketing Advisor (SMA) has a sound business plan for his/her geographical area and opportunity set that is aligned to the channels objectives and assist with the implementation and successful execution.
• To equip and enable SMA’s with market leading information, presentations, and other relevant industry information to offer unique thought leading materials to their panel
• Together with marketing and communication develop an IFA marketing and communication strategy that will enable the IFA marketer to leverage from MI material and information to better deliver to their clients and enable there business.
• Assist with development of brokers / agents wishing to enter STI market.
• Strategic participation in SSD Manco
• Collaboration with the call centre sales enablement structure to ensure excellent service and sales support to all independent intermediated channels.
• Understand and “master” the concept of “Matrix” management.
• Help identify or facilitate broker joint venture / strategic partnership opportunities
• Explore and identify alternative distribution opportunities
• Manage Partner relations with key business owners, internal and external stakeholders
• Establish an executive reporting cycle and framework that encompasses each focal area; measuring growth initiatives, partner practice efficiencies and adoption of Momentum Insure value proposition
• Identify new partnership opportunities that align with Momentum Insure market segment, value proposition and growth intentions
• Provide market intelligence and competitor intelligence.
• Ensure that the targeted cost of distribution for each intermediated channel is achieved in line with the company’s long-term targets. This includes annual review of distribution and other fees paid to internal and external partners and stakeholders in these channels. Stakeholder Management:
• Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including marketing, internal operations, product development to make accurate, informed decisions.
• Review partner practices with the intention to improve practice efficiencies, new business growth and client retention
• Direct involvement in the formulation of partner strategies and aligning insurer resources to support strategy • Contribute to sustaining a competitive edge through external networking and benchmarking and representation on related forums
• Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional partner experience.
• Regular engagement with key internal and external stakeholders to identify and solve for partner business needs
• Identify, articulate, and assist with managing FAIS related risks to partners General Management:
• Implement and provide feedback on the effectiveness of financial policy, practice, and procedure • Effective allocation and utilization of financial resources
• Marketing: liaise with partner marketing function to ensure presence in partner campaigns and cocreate marketing material to support IFA initiatives
• Monitor effectiveness of partner onboarding and skills development programs
• Establish communication framework to partners: ensure constant and effective communication to partners.